5 Tips to Reduce Your Risk of Foot Injuries
Your feet and ankles can get injured in all sorts of ways. You could trip, slip, fall, twist something, kick something, step incorrectly, or even just overwork your lower limbs. You won’t be able to entirely prevent every painful thing that could possibly happen to your feet or ankles. However, you most certainly can take precautions to limit preventable pain and reduce your risk for some injuries. Here are few ways you can protect your feet and ankles:
- Wear the right shoes – Shoes should be supportive and have the right amount of cushioning and shock absorption. They should also be designed to fit your activities and hobbies, particularly if you run or play sports, to help your feet handle the pressures of what you do.
- Replace old shoes – Worn out shoes contribute to overuse, which can cause pain. Replace old shoes, especially athletic ones, to make sure your feet have appropriate support.
- Stretch your feet regularly – Stretching loosens up tightened tendons and muscles, which can help prevent overuse.
- Condition your feet and joints for activities – Your feet have to be conditioned for your hobbies. Strengthen them and ease into new activities that may strain them.
- Moderate your sitting and standing – Both standing or sitting for too long can be detrimental to your foot health, contributing to pain, circulation issues, and more. Change positions and move your feet and legs regularly.
The more you invest in your lower limb health, the better it is for your feet and ankles and the more you reduce your risk for preventable problems.
Know that when accidents do happen or foot pain strikes despite your best efforts, you shouldn’t ignore it. The sooner you take care of it, the easier it will be to manage and eliminate in the long run. Let our team at Foot & Ankle Center of Oklahoma help you right away. You can reach our Oklahoma City office online or by calling (405) 418-2676. Don’t wait for the pain to become unbearable—protect your feet and ankles by caring for them now.
Get The Foot and Ankle Care You Need Contact Our Office
Oklahoma City Office:
609 W Memorial Rd.
Oklahoma City, OK 73114
© Foot & Ankle Center of Oklahoma. All Rights Reserved.
Web Design by VMD Services.