Foot & Ankle Surgery
When that happens, the Foot & Ankle Center of Oklahoma can provide comprehensive and effective surgical care for a wide range of common foot problems. Dr. Darren Elenburg is board certified (an optional credential requiring additional training) in both foot surgery and reconstructive rearfoot and ankle surgery. He is also trained in advanced techniques, including the Lapidus bunion surgery procedure.
In-Office Surgical Care
Many of the most basic and minor surgical procedures can be performed directly in our office—no hospitalization required. This can represent significant savings of both time and money. In-office surgical procedures may include:
- Removing ingrown toenails. We provide a gentle but effective approach to this tender, painful issue. This process uses a cold spray and local anesthetic, so there is only very minimal discomfort.
- Straightening hammertoes. Flexible hammertoes can be treated via a minor surgical release of the flexor digitorum longus tendon. Post-op restrictions are minimal, and most people are back in regular shoes after just three weeks.
- Biopsy of skin lesions.
- Removing warts, cysts, corns, tumors, etc.
- Injections of steroids or regenerative growth factors into painful and stiff joints to reduce pain and improve healing.
- Some minor bunion surgeries.
Our in-office suite provides a comfortable, sterile, and safe environment for your surgery.
Other Surgical Procedures
More extensive foot or ankle surgeries that may be performed at one of our partnered surgical or medical centers include:
- Bunion surgeries. Bunions are complex deformities that often feature a metatarsal bone misaligned in three ways—outward, upward, and rotated. Most bunion surgeries of today only address one or two of these issues, and are focused on alleviating symptoms rather than addressing the root cause—which means recurrence is a common problem. Dr. Elenburg is trained in the advanced Lapiplasty procedure, which fully restores bone alignment.
- Surgery to correct other deformities, such as rigid hammertoes and flat feet.
- Bone fusions and reconstructive surgery to stabilize a wobbly foot or relieve the pain of a worn-out, arthritic joint.
- Ankle arthroscopy. This minimally invasive procedure can correct many common ankle conditions with much lower complication risk and faster recovery times than more traditional surgeries.
- TOPAZ endoscopic plantar fasciotomy (or microfasciotomy) for plantar fasciitis. This minimally invasive, non-surgical procedure can be performed in only 20 minutes. It’s perfect for stubborn cases of plantar fasciitis that haven’t responded to conservative treatments.
Our Surgical Partnerships and Locations
For more extensive foot and ankle surgeries, we may schedule your surgery at a nearby surgical center. Dr. Elenburg maintains partnerships with several different area hospitals and medical centers, allowing for maximum comfort and convenience for his patients—and access to a broad range of state-of-the-art facilities and technology.
Dr. Elenburg performs surgery at the following locations:
Exceptional Care with Compassion
For either a routine check-up, conservative treatment, minor surgery, or major surgery, the Foot & Ankle Center of Oklahoma is here to help. Whether we’re scheduled to see you at our main office in Oklahoma City or at one of the surgical centers we partner with, you can be confident that we have the equipment and training to handle almost any foot or ankle care needs you may have. To schedule an appointment, give us a call today at (405) 418-2676.
Request an Appointment
Access your needed information from anywhere, at any time!