Heel Pain Center of Oklahoma
Most people never realize how important their feet are—until there’s a problem.
When heel pain strikes, everything becomes more difficult. Your days get longer. You can’t exercise, engage in your hobbies, or accomplish tasks without quitting early in frustration. Daily pleasures you used to enjoy are now too difficult to contemplate.
You need your life back. At the Heel Pain Center of Oklahoma, that’s what you’ll get. Dr. Elenburg and his team have years of experience treating heel pain in all its forms. With the latest research and diagnostic and treatment technologies at our disposal, we are the experts you need to get you back on your feet.
Heel Pain Causes
The first step toward effective treatment is an accurate diagnosis. At the Heel Pain Center of Oklahoma, we treat all heel pain conditions, including:
- Plantar fasciitis. This is the most common cause of heel pain in adults. It is caused by tearing in the plantar fascia, a band of connective tissue running along the bottom of your foot. Pain is often the worst early in the morning, with the first steps of the day.
- Heel spurs. Bone spurs extending from the heel bone are a common side effect of chronic plantar fasciitis. They don’t always cause pain, but when they do, we’re here to help.
- Achilles tendinitis. The fact that the Achilles is the strongest and thickest tendon in the body doesn’t exempt it from injury! Sudden increases in activity can lead to painful tearing, inflammation, or degeneration in the heel cord.
- Bursae are small, fluid-filled sacs that cushion and lubricate joints. Repetitive motions or trauma can irritate them. Bursitis is common near the back of the heel.
- Haglund’s deformity. Also known as “pump bump,” this bony enlargement may form at the back of the heel due to repetitive irritation—for example, by wearing hard-backed shoes.
Understanding Your Heel Pain
If you’re looking for more in-depth information about your heel pain—including what causes it, how to treat it, and common-sense steps to prevent it—Dr. Elenburg has written the book on it! This quick, easy read is packed with helpful info and is provided free of charge to anyone who wants a copy. We’ll ship anywhere, too! That’s how seriously we take our commitment to helping with your heel pain, whether you’re a regular patient of ours or not.
Advanced and Effective Treatment
At the Heel Pain Center of Oklahoma, we are proud to offer comprehensive care options for heel pain conditions, including advanced treatments. We will do everything in our power to help you heal quickly and fully. Fortunately, this can be usually achieved through a combination of conservative therapies, including:
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy (ESWT). This state-of-the-art therapy has proven to be an extremely effective, easy, and safe treatment for most cases of heel pain, including those causing severe pain or long-term chronic problems. It is a regenerative therapy, meaning it stimulates your own natural healing and tissue repair mechanisms to achieve healing. Just a couple of 15-20 minutes sessions—spaces a week or two apart—can provide long-awaited, long-lasting relief.
- Custom orthotics. The right pair of custom orthotics can alleviate heel pain by putting your feet back into alignment and adding just the right amount of cushioning, support, and stability you need. But if you don’t get the right fit, you won’t get the right relief. Trust our team to get it right.
Dr. Elenburg is also experienced and board-certified in foot surgery, should it become necessary. However, given our wealth of effective and advanced conservative treatment options, surgery is rarely needed.
Don’t wait any longer to do something about your condition! Heel pain is very treatable, and there’s an expert right here in Oklahoma City who can help you. Call Dr. Elenburg and the Heel Pain Center of Oklahoma today at (405) 418-2676.
Order Your Free Heel Pain Book
Request an Appointment
Access your needed information from anywhere, at any time!